Portfolio Development is constituted as a focused team within the Investment Group to partner select major portfolio companies on strategic repositioning and/or value creation initiatives. It works closely with the Boards and Management of these portfolio companies to (i) perform strategic reviews of current business lines in light of changing industry conditions, (ii) determine point-of-arrival and identify capability gaps, and (iii) evaluate and execute on strategic initiatives that would reposition the company and its stakeholders for sustainable and profitable long-term growth. Examples of strategic initiatives that could be undertaken include – transformational M&A, corporate restructuring, JV/partnerships for new markets, etc.
- Conduct in-depth analyses on portfolio companies covering, but not limited to: business strategy, operational efficiency and competitiveness, market performance, and industry attractiveness
- Identify and support execution of opportunities in portfolio companies such as: strategy refocusing, operational improvements, balance sheet restructuring, and corporate restructuring
- Develop Sum-Of-The-Parts valuation models based on DCF, DDM, trading multiples, and precedent transaction methods while incorporating multiple-case scenarios and robust sensitivity analysis
- Support engagement with management teams and Board Directors across various industries and geographies
- Monitor the performance of select key assets and understand their ongoing financial strength, competitive positioning, and industry attractiveness
- Contribute to discussions around portfolio synergies and potential organic and inorganic opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with exposure to finance, accounting, and/or economics
- Preferably 0.5-2 years working experience with a top-tier management consulting, investment banking, corporate finance, M&A and/or accounting firm. Fresh graduates with relevant internship experiences will be considered too
- High level of interpersonal and writing skills
- Able to work well within diverse teams and deal with multiple stakeholders
- Self-starter with a proven ability to manage multiple priorities and to work independently
- Familiar with use of appropriate electronic data sources (e.g. Bloomberg, CapitalIQ, etc).