Work Here. Transform Everywhere.
VMware software powers the world’s complex digital infrastructure. You may be thinking that VMware is a company that is all about virtualization; while we are still the market leaders in this platform with over 90% of corporate workload, VMware provides software that build, run, manage, connect and protect any app on any cloud and any device.
We have the journey for you!
You design your future, hone your skills as well as work for the best technology companies in the world. Under the leadership of the best CEO (voted by Glassdoor), the Academy Training program is designed to fast track our new graduate hires from training into successful careers in the Worldwide Sales and Services organization. We offer you in-depth training focused on our most exciting technologies, while growing your skills throughout the progression.
Insights into your Role
The Inside Account Manager Intern is assigned to a specific geographic area paired with Business Development Representative. The Inside Account Manager Intern primary role is to maximize sales assigned by mentor and manager.
The primary focus is aimed at sales opportunities and accounts and is achieved by engaging customers directly while collaborating with partners to identify, develop, accelerate, up-sell and close transactions. It is expected that this role will increase deal win rates as well as accelerate time to close on key opportunities. The task includes
- Working with VMware marketing, channels team in driving activities that will lead to demand generation. Such as cold calling and also includes but not limited to workshops, campaigns, call blitzs etc..
- Utilizing VMware applications eg. SalesForce, Insidesales.com to manage, run the territory
- Cooperates and collaborates with colleagues, cross-functionally, to support the sales process
- Articulates how the VMware business model relates to selling VMware products and services
- Learns the full range of VMware technology, products, and services and is able to identify how these products and services align to customer needs.
- Desk bound.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Proven ability to assimilate into a team environment and works in challenging teaming situation
- Fast learner, self-motivated with a high attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Passionate about technology.
- A positive attitude, strong drive for results, and the ability to deal with ambiguity are a must
- An open mindset to new ideas and suggestions.
- Demonstrates good judgment in analyzing information to make decisions.
- Proficient with digital technology and social media
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.