Get to Know Our Team:
The team dubbed the “cool kids” is unconventional, exciting, and mysterious. We embrace a culture of teamwork, empowerment, creativity, diversity, humour, and diligence. We help shape strategic and operational decisions in the company by providing hard-to-obtain insights into the fields of transport, food, payments, and platform services. Our value proposition comes from the many offbeat techniques used to complement traditional research and analysis. We are trusted and given the freedom to explore and innovate.
*Applicants without prior work experience are welcomed to apply
Get to Know the Role:
The Market Analyst is someone who is:
- Passionate about solving complex and ambiguous problems.
- Intellectually curious - voracious in the consumption of available information, relentless in searching for new sources, and constantly striving to derive additional insights.
- Comfortable with failing and possess the drive to keep trying.
- Critical in thinking and with a sharp eye for detail.
- Energetic and thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced working environment.
- Strong in communication skills (both written and oral), and comfortable in networking environments with strangers.
- Strong in data query/wrangling using SQL and Python/R/Scala, and data visualisation using tools like Tableau.
- Fluent in a Southeast Asian language is a plus, for example Bahasa Indonesia, Thai, Vietnamese, Tagalog, etc.
The day-to-day activities:
- Be part of multiple mini-teams concurrently to gather, analyse, and disseminate insights on various business verticals, regional markets, competitors, and any aspect of the external environment to help shape key stakeholders' perspectives.
- Own your domain - Leverage your own unique skills and knowledge base to be the subject matter expert and strengthen the insights provided by the team.
- Test and push the boundaries of what is achievable - imagining new possibilities and building more advanced capabilities to further the team’s ability to provide valuable insights.
- Regular travel within the SEA region could be expected.
Get to know Grab:
Grab is more than just the leading ride-hailing and mobile payments platform in Southeast Asia. We use data and technology to improve everything from transportation to payments and financial services across a region of more than 620 million people. We work with governments, drivers, passengers, merchants, and the community, to solve critical problems in Southeast Asia.
Grab began as a taxi-hailing app in 2012, but we have since extended our product platform to include GrabCar, GrabShare, GrabBike, GrabHitch, GrabExpress, GrabFood, GrabCoach, GrabShuttle, GrabCycle. We recently launched our fintech platform – GrabFinancial, which consists of payments, lending and insurance. Our latest addition is GrabVentures, an in-house incubation platform. We are focused on pioneering new commuting and payment alternatives for drivers and passengers with an emphasis on convenience, safety, and reliability. Currently, we offer services in 8 countries. Our R&D offices are in Singapore, Seattle, Beijing, Bangalore, Jakarta and Vietnam. We aspire to unlock the true potential of Southeast Asia and look for like-minded individuals to join us on this ride.
If you share our vision of driving South East Asia forward, apply to join our team today.