Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) is a long-term institutional investor that manages funds primarily for pension and insurance plans and holds CAD 365 billion in net assets as of December 2020. As one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers, CDPQ invests globally in major financial markets, private equity, infrastructure, real estate and private debt.
Founded in 1965 and headquartered in Montréal, CDPQ actively invests globally and employs over 900 professionals across its offices worldwide, including New York, London, Paris, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Delhi, Mexico and Sydney.
With over CAD 50 billion of net assets in the private equity portfolio, CDPQ is among the 10 largest investors in the world based on annual private equity commitments.
- Private Equity Investment internship opportunity (starting mid June 2021)
- Work within the Singapore private equity team alongside experienced professionals and assist them in various day‐to‐day investment tasks
- Analyze the strategy, markets and competition of potential investment opportunities
- Carry out financial and strategic analyses as well as operational and financial modelling of potential acquisition targets
- Prepare internal documents assessing the attractiveness of certain industries and companies
- Singaporean Citizen / PR or holding a valid Student Pass
- Penultimate or final year student from a top university with excellent academic track record
- Prior experience in investment banking, private equity, equity research or management consulting
- Dynamic, curious, rigorous with strong analytical abilities and good interpersonal skills
- Financially numerate with good Microsoft Office skills
- Professional fluency in English and Mandarin Chinese (knowledge of French is a plus)
- Attractive remuneration package
- Start date: Mid June 2021
- Duration: 6 months (must be available full-time for the entire duration)
- Location: Singapore
- Please send your CV and a brief cover letter to Samy M'Hamdi @ email@example.com