Who We Are
Brinc is a venture capital firm on a mission to discover and back the world’s most talented entrepreneurs, help them create successful companies at scale, and build thriving global ecosystems. We are one of the most active venture capital firms in the world.
Since its inception in Hong Kong, Brinc has invested in over 200+ companies via its 12 accelerator programs and offices in 6 countries. Its 60+ team members are located in 9 countries around the world in order to support the Brinc global portfolio of investments which spans more than 36 countries.
What You Will Do
As Brinc's artificial intelligence portfolio manager, your key responsibilities are for all financial, operational and compliance matters related to Brinc's AI investment portfolio companies and their limited partners. In addition, you will be responsible for working with portfolio companies as they try to scale their own finance, fundraising, operations and other key business functions. You will also liaise with both investors and investments and work closely with the rest of the team to develop company strategies in areas where you can leverage off your expertise. This is Brinc's first vertical portfolio manager role and will be managing a global portfolio of companies (~40+) across North America, The Middle East, Asia, and Europe from day one.
Who You Are
You are the most well-organized person you know! When you see a problem you roll-up your sleeves and fix it. Setting up and implementing processes is second nature to you. You are a self-starter who is able to adapt to change and work independently. You are passionate about the Startup Ecosystem globally and self proclaimed AI / machine learning nerd.
You are also self-driven, smart, humble, and are excited at the prospect of joining our Brinc family of #GameChangers and helping us execute our vision to build thriving tech ecosystems around the world.
- Act as a champion for the portfolio team in front of new and existing investors
- Represent Brinc and the portfolio companies at industry events
- Find new investors for the AI portfolio
- Support the investment team in the execution of transactions by both identifying and summarizing key financial terms of said transactions and facilitating their closing
- Coordinate, jointly with the investment team, the gathering of financial and operational information from the portfolio companies and build internal reports accordingly in order to track performance across diverse metrics
- Hold regular meetings with portfolio companies on a 1 1 and group basis
- Source, on-board, introduce and manage key relationships to support the growth of Brinc's AI portfolio
- Perks providers
Investment Vehicles & Their Management Company
- Build models and perform calculations, at both investment vehicle and portfolio company levels, in order to to track realized and unrealized returns, establishing benchmarks accordingly
- Prepare, jointly with the investment and program teams, quarterly reports on the investment vehicles to be distributed to the limited partners and co-investors
- Support, and increasingly own, all regular reporting and related communications with our Limited Partners and co-investors
- Facilitate audit process through coordination with independent auditor and investment team
- Assist with the monitoring of the day-to-day operations of the compliance, internal audit and analysis units, working closely with third-party service providers
- Solve queries and doubts from limited partners and co-investors, maintaining a good and fluid relationship with them
- Review valuation memos
- Liaise with third-party service providers as needed
- Manage different issues of the management company
- Experience managing complex projects that interact with multiple stakeholders
- Highly focused, self-driven and organized, with great attention to detail
- Very adaptable, and very quick learner
- Comfortable with uncertainty
- Enthusiastic team player who inspires and helps people around you become even better
- Looking to channel your curiosity and passion for innovation into bridging the knowledge gap between Silicon Valley and the world’s growing tech ecosystems
- Excited about working in a diverse environment with different types of people from around the world, speaking different languages, exhibiting cross-cultural awareness and understanding
- Open to travel for work
Nice to have
- Experience working internationally
- Experience working with small businesses or startups or investors
- Familiarity with cross-cultural business
- Natural storyteller
- Experience coordinating large-scale events
- Experience working within the startup ecosystem
At Brinc we believe in getting the right talent on board. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Our process is objective and we have all candidates go through the same experience by completing the Bryq assessment which is a 20-minute online bias-free assessment, enabling us to screen candidates only on the job and company requirements. Once completed our team will reach out to inform you about the potential next steps of the process.
A full-time position that can be based in Singapore or Hong Kong offices or based remotely, covering all time zones as needed.
- A competitive salary, plus carried interest in your portfolio
- The opportunity to join a growing venture investor at an early stage and to make a significant impact in its development
- Work in an inspiring environment and receive ongoing training to develop your technical, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Option to travel within the Brinc office ecosystem for work stints (Hong Kong, China, Barcelona, Dubai, Bahrain, Singapore, Sydney, India, Poland, and more coming soon)
- Work for a purpose-driven organization that uses an ESG investment framework in order to help solve the world's most pressing issues by backing and supporting game-changing entrepreneurs