Overview of Pymetrics Games
Pymetrics games are assessments that use the power of games to measure and develop skills on a continuous basis. Pymetrics deploys a series of neuroscience-based games to measure individuals’ cognitive and emotional traits (“cognitive neuroscience measures”). BCG, PwC, McDonalds, Cisco, Coca-cola and Kantar have all introduced a games pymetrics element to their process in the last couple of years and it is a trend expected to continue.
How to Ace the Pymetrics Games
Pymetrics like to state there is no right or wrong answer in the games. There is some truth to that statement as it does vary between companies. However, there is a threshold you need to meet in order to progress to the next stage of the application so there has to be a certain level of right answers or combination of answers you need to achieve. This becomes the ‘correct’ answer for the hiring company as it works on the principle that they want to hire more of these types of people.
Preparation Before Assessment
- Practice using other brain training apps: These games will not be the same as those on the Pymetrics test, but they will help you get a sense of what to expect. Free brain training apps include Peak, Mensa Brain Training, and Elevate
- Find out what the company is looking for in candidates and the firm’s values.
- Get a good night’s sleep: The games are short, but they are mentally challenging. Make sure you’re rested.
During the Assessment
- Ensure you have a quiet environment with no distractions so you can focus on the test.
- Take your time understanding the game instructions. The time you spend reading the instructions is not limited, so make sure you understand them before you start.
- Start with a strategy. Plan your strategy before you start the game.
Games You Will Encounter
|Classical||Analyse drivers, plan actions, and execute on those actions|
|Adaptive||Vary your bets, select the most promising ones, and scale them quickly to detect and capitalise on emerging opportunities|
|Visionary||Envision the future, pursue the vision, and persist against challenges|
|Shaping||Engage a broader ecosystem of partners, orchestrate their actions, and co-evolve together|
|Renewal||React promptly, economize resources, and pivot to grow|
|Risk tolerance||Earn points by pumping air into a balloon.|
|Attention & Focus||A series of different colored shapes and asked to tap the screen when a particular shape or color appears.|
|Emotional intelligence||An image of someone’s face and given a short bit of textual information. You’re asked to determine the person’s emotion.|
|Effort||Choose between different tasks based on their difficulty-levels and the rewards for completing them.|
|Fairness & Generosity||A scenario in which money is distributed across a group and asked to judge whether the distribution is fair or unfair.|
|Decision making||A pattern of colors and asked to move the colors in a second pattern to match the first in the fewest possible moves|
|Learning||The number of digits you can memorize and recall correctly.|